Current Permit Byelaws & Permit Conditions

Page review/updated 16/08/2023

Permits are needed to conduct mobile fishing, potting, netting and diving for scallop, crab and lobster. Permits are needed to conduct these activities commercially and recreationally.

The folders in this section are divided into different fishing methods (Mobile Fishing, Potting, Netting and Diving)

The contents of each folder includes the individual Permit Byelaws, the Permit Conditions, the Annexes (that accompany the Permit Conditions), Policy and Guidance information.

The folders also contain the Application Forms (in PDF format) for you to print and complete so you can acquire your chosen Permit. 

D&S IFCA also offers an on-line “Apply for a Permit” facility, on the home page of the website.